When The Unexpected Happens, Turn To Us
The threat of criminal charges can make you feel hopeless. The potential consequences of a conviction may be devastating. When the stakes are this high, you need an experienced criminal defense attorney at your side.
At Numinen, DeForge & Toutant, P.C., our established lawyers have an unparalleled track record of success defending the accused throughout the Upper Peninsula. If you are facing serious felony charges, we are ready to promptly respond to protect your rights if you are charged with any of the following crimes:
- Computer crime
- Federal crimes
- Drug charges
- Drunk driving
- Health care fraud
- Sexual assault/molestation
- Domestic violence
- Breaking and entering
- White collar crime
We Get Results
No matter how complex or serious a criminal charge is, there is always something that a good attorney can do to improve your situation. Founding attorney Karl Numinen has a winning trial record over his more than 25-year legal career. This includes three consecutive not guilty verdicts in federal court. He is also a member of the Board of Directors for the Criminal Defense Attorneys of Michigan.
We take the tough cases, and we win for our clients. We have developed a sterling reputation for our understanding of search and seizure law, police interrogations and computer forensics. This knowledge, coupled with our thorough analysis and fearless demeanor, has led to numerous not guilty verdicts and dismissals of charges.
Below is a sampling of some of our recent successes:
Not Guilty Verdicts
- Possession of explosive materials
- Sexual assault with the intent to commit penetration
- Illegal possession of a weapon
- Felony sexual assault
- Felony aggravated assault with a vehicle
- Felony conspiracy to distribute drugs
- Multicount first-degree felony criminal sexual conduct case after winning a fight over the validity of computer evidence
- Marijuana case where we argued our client’s medical marijuana card provided an affirmative defense
- Felony drug case involving a car accident where we successfully challenged the State Police Crime Lab drug analysis
- Felony DUI case after we convinced the judge to rule the blood test results were not admissible at trial
- Felony home invasion and felony assault case after we reduced the credibility of the accuser during pretrial hearings
- Multicount, multidefendant, complex felony fraud case after the preliminary examination
We Excel At Defending The Accused
Criminal defense is a complex area of law. There is a minefield of potential negative consequences when using an inexperienced attorney. We have devoted a substantial part of our practice to criminal defense. Our lawyers are constantly striving to hone and improve our skills for the betterment of our clients.